mac carbon VM 3.2.1 and image files > 50MB.

Noel J. Bergman noel at devtech.com
Wed Jan 16 05:09:33 UTC 2002

> I'm working a fix based on anonymous mmap support found
> in OS-X.

What changes are you making?  I did the memory mapped support for WinCE, but
I still haven't had time to try to eliminate the looping that the VM does at
startup, amongst other things.  So the memory mapping, at the moment, is
purely backing store.  If you've gotten further, I would like to incorporate
some of your VM changes.  If not, I have marked for future action some of
the interesting messages from folks like Dan and Andreas on the subject of
initing the image.  As I recall, part of the crux of the issue was
ObjectMemory>>adjustAllOopsBy.  Another issue was that the exit code has to
make sure that the image is ready to start up.  You can't make any other
changes to the heap after you've got the thing ready for restart.

	--- Noel