Glorp (WAS Re: Squeak and SQlite Database)

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Fri Jul 26 19:36:19 UTC 2002

Stephen Pair wrote:

> You might also consider having a look at Glorp (www.glorp.org) for some
> code for mapping objects to SQL.
>
> - Stephen

I ported Glorp to Squeak some time ago.  My porting "diary" can be found at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~nevinpratt/GlorpPort.doc

The Squeak changeset can be found at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~nevinpratt/glorp.cs

In about a month, I plan on revisiting Glorp for Squeak (using
PostgreSQL for the database).  I intend on using it in a big way for my
wife's e-commerce web site:

http://www.bountifulbaby.com

Right now I'm tied up on another gig (a paying gig, using VisualWorks),
but when this gig is over I plan on giving full time attention to
Squeak, Glorp, PostgreSQL, and my wife's web site.  So, the Glorp
support for Squeak should get dramatically better at that time, even if
it is only due to my efforts.

Nevin