Squeak and SQlite Database

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Sat Jul 27 07:01:04 UTC 2002

On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 01:53:48AM +0200, Cees de Groot wrote:

> However, you could run an ODB inside Squeak, so you'd have just three files:
> the VM, the Image, the Database. That's how I do it with OmniBase and VW, no
> problem getting it hosted (oh wait, that's my own company hosting it ;-) But
> you get the idea).

If we have a good persistent object store, couldn't we store everything
inside? I'd like to see the image to be more like a database,
things are loaded on demand, no need to save the image (done automatically).
(Of course we need to have some kind of "snapshot and rollback" mechanism).
This persistent Object store would contain all the objects, the source,
and changes). We'd have two files: the "image" and the VM.

   Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeakland.org