[ANN][UNIX] SecurityPlugin

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Mar 7 06:02:07 UTC 2002

Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu> wrote:
> Stephan Rudlof <sr at evolgo.de> is claimed by the authorities to have written:
>

> > In praxis I had to
> > 	rm -fR build/*
> > the build dir (after first trying just 'make clean', etc.), then a fresh
> > 	configure
> > to get it build with
> > 	make
> > then...
> Okay, that suggests to me that some of the dependencies are not really
> there. Perhaps the makefile stuff needs more tweaking. Can we assume
> that you had no particular troubles with the code generation?

The makefile is created by the configure script, so you at least have to
re-run configure.  Why?  I could go on at length, but the basic idea is
to use make's nice rebuilding engine without having to use its horrible
programming language.

(Hmm, re-running configure is kind of a nuisance, because you
have to remember what flags you gave it.  I've just updated
the SF code so you can do "make update" to recreate the makefile without
running all of configure.  If I got it right, then the new makefile
should reflect the new set of plugins that are present.)

I'm sure the recreated makefile would be able to handle the present case
of SecurityPlugin suddenly coming into existence.  There are trickier
cases hat won't work so well, on the other hand.

-Lex