Repeat: DSA, how to use it?

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Tue Mar 26 15:40:40 UTC 2002

Mayuresh Kathe wrote:

> Not for email, but now that you mention it, it would be great to have PGP
> classes built into Squeak ;)
>
> What I wanted the DSA for was to create a personal journal in Squeak and
> have it encrypted.
> Not just that, I was wondering if it would be possible to have secure
> communications using the same.
>
> ~Mayuresh

DSA is not for encryption, but for electronic signatures, which is another
important part of cryptography.
I've started to implement OpenPGP in Squeak, but I don't yet fully understand
how PGP's encryption mechanisms work. I have working DES, 3DES and CAST5
implementations, though, and OpenPGP keyring and packet parsing classes.
I'll try to bring the stuff into a shape that somebody else can load it and
use it for what it does now later this week.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin