Squeak for everyday use??

John Hinsley johnhinsley at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Mar 27 02:33:04 UTC 2002

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Andy Stoffel wrote:

//snip//

> Unless you could use David Lewis' CommandShell & OSProcess
> to get what you need (I've never used them so I don't know
> if they can do that - be a telnet substitute ?)

Seems not, although I've not got the very latest version. With an Xterm I get:

john at molehole:~ > telnet localhost
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
Welcome to SuSE Linux 6.4 (i386) - Kernel 2.2.14 (4).

molehole login: john
Password:
Last login: Tue Mar 26 10:10:14 from console
Have a lot of fun...

Lieberman's Law:
        Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter since nobody listens.

john at molehole:~ > exit
logout
Connection closed by foreign host.

With Squeak shell:

$ telnet localhost
Trying 127.0.0.1...

Connected to localhost.

Escape character is '^]'.

Connection closed by foreign host.

(All further experimentation will cease till I get SuSE 8.0 and a new hard
drive!)

Cheers

John

--
They're afraid, very afraid......
According to CRN magazine, Microsoft staff discovering Linux in use