Stable 3.1beta for Unix

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Mon May 6 16:07:04 UTC 2002

"Stephen Pair" <spair at advantive.com> wrote:
> I am also insterested.  But, could someone who knows about these VMs
> post something describing the differences between Ian's VM and the
> Sourceforge VM (or any other VMs floating about)?  Also, if you could
> just tell me which one is better, that would be helpful.  If neither one
> has a clear advantage over the other, maybe we should start another
> SourceForge site to make a third VM that combines the best aspects of
> the other two VMs.

Well, I think that the SF sources and Ian's source will merge in the
near future (in some way, there just is no point in having forks). But
currently, Ian's source has a big advantage: A much improved solid
aio/socket implementation.

Sure, that stuff is very fresh but Ian and John (and I) have tested it
quite a lot and several problems are now history.

regards, Göran