[Q]Automatically reoprting walkbacks(was: Re: Croquet walkback)

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Sun Nov 10 21:17:01 UTC 2002

Ned Konz wrote:

> On Sunday 10 November 2002 10:36 am, Julian Fitzell wrote:
>
> >>eMail adress for this feature i.e a way to quickly mail a message
> >>to the list without having configured celeste or even being
> >>member of the list. Which are the possibilities?
> >
> >Funny, some of us at OOPSLA were talking about just that.  We were
> >thinking that there should be such a button and if you had
> >SqueakMap installed, it could try to determine which package
> >contained the code that errored and email the stack info to the
> >package maintainer or something. Not sure what the default action
> >if you didn't have squeakmap would be...
>

> I just posted a CS that adds a "mail bug report" button to the
> notifier.
>
> However, automatically figuring out recpients would be harder. Perhaps
> the SM installers could somehow track which packages got installed?
>
> Or maybe we could add a field to the card with the initials of the
> author so we could look up email addresses...

hmm... perhaps... I was assuming the packages would have to be
DVS-installed to determine the package that a method was in.  It
shouldn't be to hard to determine what package it came from in that
case.  I admit if they weren't DVS packages it would be a lot harder :)

Julian

julian at beta4.com
Beta4 Productions (http://www.beta4.com)