Learning more about YAXO

Masashi Umezawa umejava at mars.dti.ne.jp
Fri Nov 15 13:09:17 UTC 2002

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Markus Fritsche" <Fritsche.Markus at gmx.net>
To: <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 5:28 AM
Subject: Learning more about YAXO

> I just installed YAXO 1.3 from squeakmap and to my surprise, it is very
> different from what I have used building the XMLRPC-Server. The
> XMLParser I used, had been strongly modified by the soapopera changeset
> (or some others, like sixx?), so that functionality I relied on is
> missing (as a newbie, I didn't noticed that. Mea culpa!).

SoapOpera or SIXX changeSet does not modify YAXO. I have implemented an
adapter in order to use YAXO more indirectly, but I have not added (or
modified) any methods to YAXO itself. My distributions (SoapOpera and SIXX)
are just using a slightly older YAXO (25 Jan 2002 version).

I found it by reading your mail. Thanks. I'll use the latest YAXO for the
next SoapOpera/SIXX release.

> So I'd like to learn more about the parser that is available from
> squeakmap. Is there any documentation for the squeakmap-version? Or is
> there (simple) software using this unmodified parser?

If I rewrite the YAXO adapter, it might be a good example. Or what about
trying to rewrite my current YAXO adapter by yourself? It will be a good way
to learning about the newest YAXO.

Cheers,
---
[:masashi | ^umezawa]