[ENH] ANSI compatibility

Sun Nov 24 19:38:49 UTC 2002

Hi Squeakers,

First, thanks to Richard A. Harmon who has done the major part of this.

This change set add ANSI compatibility (well with the sunit test, there
is still 24 failures)
to Squeak 3.2 #4956. We are now near to full compatibility.

I have taken care of that the few modified methods have as little as
possible an impact on existing code.
The modification to fix the next 24 failures could have bigger impact on
existing code

I hope this will be part of the future minimal base image and will be
included in 3.4alpha or 3.5alpha

Alain Fischer

Change Set:		ANSICompatibility-AFi
Date:			24 November 2002
Author:			Alain Fischer

This change set add ANSI compatibility to Squeak 3.2.
Now TestRunner with ANSI tests loaded show (2777 run, 2753 passed, 24
failed, 0 errors).

17 classes (8 new / 9 modified)

New classes:
ArithmeticError, DateAndTime, Duration, FloatingPointException,
RuleDate, RuleIndexDate, RuleSelectionCodeDate, ScaledDecimal

Modified Classes:
BlockContext (added method #argumentCount)
Character (added method #codePoint)
Character class (added method #codePoint:)
Float (2 methods added, 3 methods #modified)
Float class (added method #one)
Fraction (1 method added, 1 method modified)
Fraction class (added method #one)
Integer (6 methods added, 1 method modified)
Integer class (added method #one)
Number (7 methods added, 2 methods modified)
Number class (modified method #readRemainderOf:from:base:withSign:)
PositionableStream (modified method #skip:)
String (3 methods added)
TestRunner (2 methods modified)
ZeroDivide is now subclass of ArithmeticError