Smalltalk Solutions 2003: Call for Participation

Brian T Rice water at tunes.org
Wed Nov 27 05:01:18 UTC 2002

Hello, Alan.

This is a rough plan for submission:

Name:
	Brian T. Rice

Contact Information:
	(see home page URL below)
	water at tunes.org
	(206) 329-4048

Title of the Presentation:
	"Clean-Slate Smalltalk"

Type of Presentation:
	A technical presentation, with some demonstration aspects.

Abstract:
	We have applied some very simple but powerful and coherent
concepts to enhance the Smalltalk family of languages. We have also taken
the time to build up this new Smalltalk from scratch, with new innovative
thinking in run-time architectures and systematic library use of the new
semantics. This combination provides a very powerful and flexible
environment that can be worth the migration to a somewhat new language.

Approximate Length:
	I have presented this hurriedly in 40 minutes at a Lisp Conference
in October. An hour to an hour and a half should cover everything
comfortably, but of course this is a whole system to cover with lots of
implications.

--
Brian T. Rice
LOGOS Research and Development