[BUG][3.4a] Installation failure on Mac (OSX)

Andreas.Raab at gmx.de Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Thu Nov 28 11:51:27 UTC 2002

Hi Guys,

I just tried to load the REPlugin stuff from SqueakMap on OSX and ended up
in an endless recursion in
MacHFSPlusFileDirectory>>assureExistenceOfPath: It looks as if the path name
is empty, then this
method will recurse forever. Interestingly, it seems like this is triggered
by the SARInstaller which (in
this case) uses a relative path name to extract the contents which is not
supported by the Mac file dir
classes. Thus, attempting to do something like

  self zip extractMember: 'platforms/Cross/plugins/RePlugin/chartables.c'.

will instantly lock up. There are two solutions I can see: Either fix
MacFileDir to properly support
relative path names or fix ZipArchive to specify the *full* path name rather
than the relative one.

Cheers,
  - Andreas