70 packages on SqueakMap!

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Fri Nov 29 16:55:05 UTC 2002

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
> Julian Fitzell <julian at beta4.com> wrote:
>
>>goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:

>>>Well, perhaps I could post a "load script" for SqueakMap called
>>>"SqueakMap" and rename the current SqueakMap package to "SqueakMap base"
>>>or something. Then that script would typically load "SqueakMap base" and
>>>the others too.
>>>
>>>I will see what I can do.
>>>
>>>regards, Göran
>>
>>Or just get dependencies working and then the package can depend on the
>>SARInstaller, and the SARInstaller will get installed automatically, first.
>

> Working on it! Did a whole lot of work yesterday evening etc. But...
> This is actually *not* a dependency. SqueakMap works fine without
> SARInstaller. :-)

I didn't say SqueakMap depended on SARInstaller.  I meant that packages
that are packaged as SARs depend on SARInstaller.  So when you try to
install a SAR package and don't have SARInstaller, it will get installed
first since it is a dependency.

> It is more like a "good extra addon to make SqueakMap even better".
> "Load scripts" are fine for that I think. Especially since a "load
> script" can ask the user "Hey, do you want all the installers too?" etc.

Yeah, but I don't think you ever need to install all the installers, you
just install the ones you depend on when you need them.

Julian

julian at beta4.com
Beta4 Productions (http://www.beta4.com)