SqueakMap Package Loader

Göran Hultgren squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu Oct 24 21:54:18 UTC 2002

Hi Brent!

Quoting Brent Vukmer <bvukmer at blackboard.com>:
> Goran --
>
> Thanks for the feedback & helpful hints.  Sorry I wasn't more precise in
> my bug report.

No problem.

> It wasn't clear to me whether I should try loading "SqueakMap" or
> "SqueakMap Browser" first.

You should definitely load "SqueakMap" first. It is the base package.
I posted a do-it for that, but you can always download the cs.gz from:

http://anakin.bluefish.se:8000/gohu/uploads/11/squeakmap-021023RC1.cs.gz

decompress and filein. The postscript will also install SM Loader and offer to
open one up.

I think the problem you had earlier might have to do with an old "unpack" method
lurking around - try this on a fresh image - or make sure the SM* classes are
removed.

> Is there a way to see dependencies?  Or is
> SqueakMap supposed to resolve those for me?

Dependencies is still not handled by SqueakMap but we are getting close to deal
with that - but this also means that the community need to make some choices
about what kind of "modules" system we want...

>  I'll try installing "SqueakMap Browser", then "SqueakMap"..

Nope, the other way around! "SM Package Loader" is a lightweight "SqueakMap
Browser" and both UIs do the job - but they both depend on the "SqueakMap" package.

But as I said - the RC1 version of "SqueakMap" will autoinstall "SM Package
Loader" for you on filein.

regards, Göran

Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
\"Department of Redundancy department.\" -- ThinkGeek