Is Squeak usable on Sharp Zaurus SL-5X00

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Sat Sep 28 22:42:10 UTC 2002

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002, Tommy Thorn wrote:

> - Power management is totally lacking.  There's currently no way for
> Squeak to detect some amount of idle time, nessesary for it is suspend
> by itself.  You can suspend manually by

There should be a way to talk to the Morphic event system, and when
there's not been a UI event processed for N minutes, execute your manual
suspension line.

> - There is no support for the five special keys Zaurus.

It should be doable.  Doit "Sensor kbdTest" and press each of these
buttons, recording the ascii code that the buttons emit.  You could then
change the values in ParagraphEditor>>#initializeSpecialKeyShortcuts,
which are currently tuned for the iPAQ.  You can also change what the keys
do, no need to stick with the config I have in there now.  Eventually,
it'll be programmable in a friendly way.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies." :: r. w. emerson