Some preparation for SM1.1!

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Aug 5 12:01:20 UTC 2003

Hi all!

First of all - SM1.1 is not here yet, but I am aiming to air an alpha
version at the end of the week.

Now, that said - as a few of you may be aware SM1.1 will include the
concept of "accounts" which will enable tons of nice things to come.

Today we have per package:
	- Author
	- Maintainer
	- Registrant

I am keeping author as before but I am simplifying by dropping the
distinction between registrant and maintainer. I am using the field
maintainer (ignoring registrant) when migrating to SM1.1 which means
that I am producing accounts for the current maintainers.

Sidenote: The password for that account will be one of the passwords for
its package (You will simply have to try each one until you find the
right one if you have multiple packages. There is also a "get me a new
password mechanism which relies on the email address of the maintainer).
Anyway, more on that when SM1.1 arrives.

The account also has a field for developer initials, which doubles as
the username/login. I have whipped up some code that sucks these from
the Squeak Swiki but the result has some holes in it. 42 are matched
correctly (out of 71 maintainers on SM).

The rest currently don't get proper initials because either
	a) The name on the Squeak Swiki doesn't *exactly* match the name on SM.
	b) The person hasn't written down an entry on the Squeak Swiki.
	c) The person has entered '-' as initials on the Squeak Swiki.
	d) The person has entered initials with delimiters in them. (Masashi
Umezawa and Ian Piumarta)

I would be glad if the following persons could fix this:

Adam Spitz has now <NONE FOUND>
Avi Bryant has now <NONE FOUND>
Bob Hartwig has now <NONE FOUND>
Brian Keefer has now <NONE FOUND>
Brian T Rice has now <NONE FOUND>
Bruce Badger has now <NONE FOUND>
Bryce Kampjes has now <NONE FOUND>
Dave Faught has now <NONE FOUND>
Doug Rollwitz has now <NONE FOUND>
Hernan Tylim has now <NONE FOUND>
Ian Piumarta has now ikp?
Jeff Sparkes has now <NONE FOUND>
Jim Benson has now -
Kazuki MINAMITANI has now <NONE FOUND>
Luciano Notarfrancesco has now <NONE FOUND>
Masashi Umezawa has now mu,MU
Michal kostal has now <NONE FOUND>
Nevin Pratt has now <NONE FOUND>
Paul Baumann has now <NONE FOUND>
Robert Withers has now <NONE FOUND>
Roel Wuyts has now <NONE FOUND>
Samir Saidani has now <NONE FOUND>
Serge Stinckwich has now <NONE FOUND>
Stephen Pair has now -
Steve Wessels has now <NONE FOUND>
Takasi Yamamiya has now <NONE FOUND>
Webb McDonald has now <NONE FOUND>
Woon Yeo has now <NONE FOUND>
Yanni Chiu has now <NONE FOUND>

Furthermore the following maintainer entries on SM should be fixed
appropriately:

Contact the manteiners at has now <NONE FOUND>
Nobody Right Now has now <NONE FOUND>
SStephen Pair has now <NONE FOUND>
tim has now <NONE FOUND>

And finally I and Markus Gaelli will just have to fix our initials
ourselves when the new SM arrives. I will not bother trying to match
more appropriately. :-)

regards, Göran