NetNameResolver timeout

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Feb 5 14:00:33 UTC 2003

I've seen the name resolver's semaphore get locked without being
released.  That results in the behavior Derek describes.  I have no idea
how this happens, but you can solve it by enterring a debugger and
signalling the semaphore that is being waited on.

Note, this fix may end up screwing up your image later, though, in case
there really is some process blocked inside a name lookup and it finally
returns.  So this is more of a temporary fix, and you should probably
reload everything in a new image.  Project fileouts can make this very
smooth.

-Lex