[OT] MRAM, spintronics, the future

Göran Hultgren goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Tue Feb 11 19:59:21 UTC 2003

Hi all!

Quoting Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com>:
> On Tuesday 11 February 2003 09:21 am, Michael Rueger wrote:
> > There are systems that tried the more query oriented approach
> > (showing letters in a calendar so you can access them by date
> > written, Exobox IIRC), but I don't know of any that really made it
> > to market.
>
> There is David Gelertner's Lifestreams, which attempts to present your
> data/work as a timeline (with filtering, etc.)

Oh yeah, I remember getting all excited about Lifestreams a couple of years ago.
It is actually one of the UI metaphors that I wanted to explore in our
"VirtualHome" project but we never got that far.

> Alas, he has gotten some (excessively broad, as usual) patents on some
> of these ideas.

Oops. Disappointing.

regards, Göran

Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
\"Department of Redundancy department.\" -- ThinkGeek