Proposal for Morphic performance-measurement enhancement (was: Re:

Jesse Welton jwelton at pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu
Mon Jul 28 19:52:45 UTC 2003

Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

> 1. Create a menu item "start MessageTally on click". The measurement
> should handle just one event execution, and nothing more, so that
> measurement is correctly delimited (this is I don't know how to do
> myself).

I started work on a tool which does something like this back in March.
See EventInterceptorMorph on SM.  It's been on the back-burner since
then, but I've been meaning to get back to it.  Right now, it only
works with the SendTreeExplorer that I wrote at the same time, but
integration of both tools with the more traditional MessageTally is
definitely something I have planned.  Looks like it's time to make a
point of dusting this project off again.

-Jesse