[ENH] isSymbol [small] ( [approved] )

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Tue Jun 24 07:42:44 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 01:29:53PM +0100, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> Sidenote: I am too sometimes wondering if we actually need a more
> "aggressive" process - a process which doesn't rely on Harvesting at
> all. But I think we really need much better tools for collaboration to
> do that. Again - these are thoughts about the future - I am not putting
> down the current process.

I think we need some more people doing reviews...

> AFAIK we are meant to include TTF, Diego's stuff and perhaps some more
> "visual" stuff. Are there any other particular things out there that you
> are thinking about?

Yes, Diegos Look-Enhancements are very important.
Back when we simply renames 2.9 to be 3.0, actually *nothing* was added.
But: The image started with morphic by default. There where *lots* of
people outside the community who said that "Squeak improved a lot"
between 2.9 and 3.0. Quite funny, if you think that the code was
allmost identical.

I really like to work with Dieogos look enabled, but this is even really
important from a "marketing" standpoint

The Website has quite a similar problem: People look at the website
"nothing changed for X months, the project is dead". We need to make
the activity of the community more visible, IMHO (e.g. we could
write a small script to export all [ANN] messages as an RSS straem,
and display those on the website... or maybe we could set up a Squeak
community Blog, or something like that).

      Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de