Proposal to get to the triad

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sat Mar 8 18:13:09 UTC 2003

Cees de Groot <cg at cdegroot.com> wrote:

> What we distribute now is called 'base'.
No, I think we have to be honest and consider it 'kitchen sink plus
spare plumbing and some extra washers'. 'base' would be an IDE plus the
major libraries and enough stuff to do development; I don't think that
having games, IRC, a webbrowser, email, music tools and eToy could be
considered basic.

The shortest non-perjorative name I can think of for an image of the
sort we release now is 'everything' though it's not entirely truthful.
Perhaps the old ParcPlace terminology of 'kitchen sink' is still best.

tim
Useful random insult:- $HOME = /dev/null.