Proposal to get to the triad

Stéphane Rollandin hepta at zogotounga.net
Sat Mar 8 20:24:05 UTC 2003

> > What we distribute now is called 'base'.
>No, I think we have to be honest and consider it 'kitchen sink plus
>spare plumbing and some extra washers'. 'base' would be an IDE plus the
>major libraries and enough stuff to do development; I don't think that
>having games, IRC, a webbrowser, email, music tools and eToy could be
>considered basic.

IMHO, if you consider Squeak as an environment for multimedia development,
it is indeed basic. It all depends on which level you expect end-users to
program. Personally I was very impressed by the areas covered in the
"basic" image (audio+MIDI, 3D stuff, internet, eToys), and it gave me a
strong incentive for digging further into squeak.

Stef