Ideas, Experiences required for changes managements

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Sun Mar 30 16:36:27 UTC 2003

On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 11:13:29AM +0200, Stephane Ducasse wrote:
> ideally we would like to have a place where all the changes can be
> versioned at once
> so we thought of using cvs, but we want that other can contribute so is
> source forge easy to use, adequate for this project?
> For supporting external reviewing process we could generate a web page
> from the files in the cvs. I think that we should have real tools if we
> want to move fast.

I don't yet know anything about source management in Squeak (not sure
what this DVS thing is yet), but some complex projects, like the Linux
kernel, are hosted by BitMover (using BitKeeper) rather than
Sourceforge.  Partly this is because of BitKeeper's superior merging and
other facilities (over CVS).

http://www.bitkeeper.com/Hosted.html

Jen