Jabber client?

ljw10001 ljw10001 at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 19:33:36 UTC 2003

--- In squeak at yahoogroups.com, Aaron J Reichow <reic0024 at D...> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 May 2003, Marco Paga wrote:
>
> > Jabber is a simple XML Protocol so the low level things that are
easy to
> > implement are here but not the gui to use it. :(
>
> If this is something a lot of people want, I'd be wiling to throw
> something fun together quickly!  I usually just use IRC (and Steve's
> Enhanced client), but if there are a lot of people out there who
would use
> Jabber to chat about squeak if there was a client, I could be
persuaded to
> whip something cool up.  i'm thinking abotu a docked flap with your
buddy
> list there, dockable chats...
This sounds great.

I was thinking more about using (fooling around with really) XMPP for
general collaboration support - including program-to-program
communications and such - kind of like a poor-man's Croquet
(Miniature Croquet?).  BTW, the Croquet project itself was
considering adding jabber support so they might be able to use
whatever you create.

http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
> "one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws"  :: m. l.
king jr.