SqueakMap Package Loader confusion

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Nov 5 17:05:26 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 04 November 2003 3:34 pm, William Trenker wrote:
> I just downloaded the squeak 3.4 sources on my Linux system and it compiled
> and installed just fine.  I opened the Package Loader and it installed
> alright as well.
>
> My problem is that when I select a package in the SM Package Loader and
> right-click on the package name I don't get a menu with "install" on it.
> Instead I just get all the little icons that usually show up when you
> right-click on something.  I've tried right-clicking all over the Package
> Loader but don't get any pop-up menu.

First, you probably want to get the new Unix VM sources (3.6g-2) instead for a
number of good reasons (not the least is the improved speed and clipboard
handling).

Second, you can use the "-swapbtn" flag to swap buttons 2 and 3. I do this. My
"squeak" script in my ~/bin directory is this:

#!/bin/sh
noartsd /usr/local/bin/squeak -vm-sound-oss -vm-display-X11 -swapbtn "$@" &

where "noartsd" is a script that kills the artsd daemon, runs a program, and
then restarts it.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com