Problem with SqueakMap

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at rnid.org.uk
Tue Nov 25 14:17:35 UTC 2003

> goran.krampe at bluefish.se writes:
>  > Should be no problem as far as SM is concerned. The new
> Kom is different
>  > from old Comanche though, new Kom is not backwards
> compatible - even
>  > though it is easy to port stuff over to it. So what did you use it
>  > for?
>
> I think that I originally loaded it in this image so I could study how
> it starts up and shutdowns on image startup/shutdown.  The only
> service that I have running allows me to remotely force a Monticello
> commit of my development packages.  I often forget to publish my MC
> packages before I leave for the day.  I haven't tested it yet but it's
> such a simple service that I should be able to get it working even in
> the event of large differences.
>
> Thanks to everybody for the help on this...

I've been getting the same error, but I haven't installed Comanche or Kom
in my image.

After some hacking and swearing and lots of plain blind luck, I tried

    SMSqueakMap default loadFull

which did the trick for me. In retrospect this seems quite strange. Why
should I have been getting the "cards at: k..." error when hitting the
"upgrade map from net" menu item, but not from the above snippet?

frank