duplicateControlAndAltKeys by default?

Martin Wirblat sql.mawi at t-link.de
Fri Oct 10 11:08:14 UTC 2003

"Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu> wrote on 09.10.2003 21:05:27:

>Is there a reason this preference disabled in the default 3.6 image?
>Surely we want it turned on, because this is a small thing that can
>really irritate new users.
>

>-Lex

Really confusing is that the help-text does not match either setting.
To duplicate the keys is even more confusing: One might think there is
no difference at all between the ctrl and alt-key.

IMO the best solution would be to swap all keys, and to update the
help-text so, that it explains that modifier-keys can be swapped to
match the OS.

regards,
Martin