[ENH] Display := when pretty printing ( [sm][et][er][cd] [approved] )

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Oct 10 15:50:01 UTC 2003

Hi tim

but imagine the following scenario:
	you like the arrow (perfect this your right) then you load a given
package and you are happy.
	Now we are in the situation where we do not know how the code will
look like when you change the font
	I imagine that the font have to be tweak to be used in Squeak.

Now we are in this situation were we have on certain font the arrow on
other _.
I think that having _ for people that like one character and := is
better than having sometimes _ sometimes
<- (you see this is really cool not to be able to type this character
using a normal email program.

I always thought that Smalltalk has other excellent properties to
distinguish it from the other languages and
that it never had to rely on such hiccup of bitmap technology.

Stef