Exploring Zope

azazel azazel at lizard.homelinux.net
Tue Oct 28 17:18:20 UTC 2003

> I used to think the same way until I got to know ZPT (Zope Templates). They
> succeed in making interaction between designers and developers a breeze,
> when coupled with Zope's object model. Really interesting, and I'd recommend
> you to try it to see for yourself.

I agree that ZPT are really amazing. They are different from all the other templating
sistems in the way that the modularity of templating (e.g. splitting a big template into
more pieces) is encouraged due to the "reverse logic" built into METAL (the Macro
Expansion Template Attribute Language).

Take a  look  at specification and some introductory examples for people who knows more
common templating systems:

http://zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZPT/METAL%20Specification%201.0
http://zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZPT/IntroductionForDTMLers
http://www.zope.org/Members/peterbe/DTML2ZPT