Garbage collector woes

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Sep 7 14:05:11 UTC 2003

No ringing bells here _but_ it would be helpful if you could describe the
situations a little better in which this happens. E.g., do you use any
specific apps? Anything that could eat tons of memory? Anything I/O heavy?

The reason I'm asking is that there is one situation in which GCs can become
very slow. We've seen this in the past and try to introduce sufficent
counter measures to detect the situation early on and try to cope with it in
a reasonable way. So it would be tremendously helpful if you could describe
more about the situation you're in. And, as always, specifics about the
system (VM version, OS version etc) are more than welcome.

Cheers,
  - Andreas