3.6g VM on mac

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Wed Sep 17 21:45:32 UTC 2003

  Brian John, and other interested parties ;)

> Then I installed Bitstream Vera Fonts (btw, I was in full screen mode)
> and attempted to change the default text font. The font menu then
> became scrambled. Then, however, I was back to my mac login screen
> immediately. Somehow, it killed my whole session. So I logged back in
> restarted my apps :)

  Hmm.  *How* the scrambled font menu looked like?  Bert (Freudenberg)
once reported similar wierdness of TrueType TextStyle on Mac.  The
glyph are somehow rotated/mirrored 90 degrees or such.

  Killing the whole session sounds really wierd.  One thing I would
imagine is that some primitives, Balloon2D and/or
combinationRule(s) of BitBlt, are compiled incorrectly so Squeak touches the
wrong memory location, execute wrong instructions, or scans the Bitmap
in wrong way.

-- Yoshiki