A language workshop at OOPSLA

Roel Wuyts Roel.Wuyts at ulb.ac.be
Mon Apr 5 05:29:04 UTC 2004

That said, for those of you interested that are coming to Ecoop or
OOPSLA, there might be a workshop that interests you (and is about the
topics that interest you):

(1) at Ecoop: 2nd Workshop on Object-Oriented Language Engineering for
the Post-Java Era: Back to Dynamicity (workshop 5). URL:
http://prog.vub.ac.be/~wdmeuter/PostJava04/ . Paper deadline is today
(April 5th), but I am sure you can try for an extension.

(2) at OOPSLA: Proposals for workshops are submitted. One amongst them
is similar to the Ecoop one. We'lle see whether it gets accepted :-)

(3) at ESUG: No problem there; if there is enough interest before I
will allocate a slot from the beginning. If not, people can add a slot
themselves in our dynamically allocated afternoon sessions.

There is excellent people around at the three occasions. So submit a
paper and make sure they tackle the problems you find interesting :-)

On 04 Apr 2004, at 11:00, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> But ECOOP is really an academic conference. You will nearly meet no
> developers other than academic.
> The percentage at ECOOP is 10% developper compared to OOPSLA where in
> the past ist was 30% acdemics. ESUG is more 60% developper.
>
> Stef

>>> To bad because there are still a lot of smalltalker developers in
>>> Germany and this is Georg Heeg
>>> is organizing and we are planning to have a business day. But yes
>>> money is the key.
>>
>> He he... I just re-read this thread and realized we were talking
>> about ESUG, not ECOOP, which is how I first read it.  But if they
>> won't send us to one, they won't send us to the other either so my
>> main point still holds, which is that we won't be there... :)
>>
>> Oh man, just got back from a week in tobago and apparently I already
>> need another vacation... :D
>>
>> Julian

Roel Wuyts
   DeComp