[KCP][FIX] KCP-0220-ClassOrganizerFixAndCleanup.8.cs

Nathanael Schärli n.schaerli at gmx.net
Thu Apr 8 11:25:41 UTC 2004

Doug,

When playing with and testing the "KCP-0220-ClassOrganizerFixAndCleanup"
changeset, I found that recategorization of methods is not consistently
logged to the active changeset. In fact, recategorization is only logged
if it is done using the context menu in the protocol pane (e.g., the
'recategorize' command), but it is not logged if it is done by simply
dragging methods into new categories or by choosing the 'change
category' command in the context menu of the method pane.

As I wanted to make sure that this is not something that was introduced
by the SystemChangeNotification framework, I went back to Squeak 3.5 and
I encountered the same inconsistent behavior there. I don't know how
others feel about this, but to me this really is a bug because I would
expect recategorizations to be logged in the changeset no matter what
recategorization command I use.

Fortunately, the SystemChangeNotifier framework allows us to fix this
quite easily because changing the category of a method triggers an event
already and so we just need to make sure that the changeset also reacts
to this event. I have done this in the attached file-out.

Nathanael