squeak wiki url proposal (re Where is Squeak Headed)

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Thu Apr 8 21:03:49 UTC 2004

In support of the Where is Squeak Headed thread..

A wiki is normally an excellent place for gathering and drafting this
kind of information. However our wiki's usability is poor. It fails
basic usability test #1: can I get there without having to think or
search ?

A simple url absolutely is necessary. My choices, in order, would be

1. squeak.org (example: freedesktop.org)
2. squeakwiki.org (example: emacswiki.org)
3. wiki.squeak.org (example: wiki.debian.net)
4. squeak.org/wiki
5. URL redirection - better than nothing, but a half-solution that looks
amateurish.

I volunteer to make this happen if no-one else wants to do it.
But it requires the cooperation of the squeak.org owner (Dan) and/or the
minnow owner (Mark, Jochen ?). Can we discuss/do this ?

Best,
-Simon