CVS innaccesible?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Aug 3 04:52:52 UTC 2004

On Monday 02 August 2004 9:31 pm, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
> > On Monday 02 August 2004 5:15 pm, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> > > Dang!
> > > I can't seem to get sourceforge to talk to my cvs program on either the
> > > Acorn or my winXP laptop - both of which used to be fine. Is it working
> > > for anyone out there?
> >
> > Are you logging in with the ssh login or with the anonymous login?
>
> Anonymous on the RISC OS machine:-
>
> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/squeak login
>
> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/squeak co platforms
> - which gets me unknown host or sometinhg of the sort
>
> and via winCVS on the laptop with all the terrifyingly arcane pageant
> nonsense that worked a few weeks ago.... :-( That just sits there and
> claims to be working. For hours. Very odd and extremely frustrating.

You aren't using the -z3 option? You really want to use that with SF. Also I
think your pathnames may be off by one level.

cvs '-d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/squeak' login
cvs '-d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/squeak' -z3 co squeak

cvs -d ':pserver:anonymous at cvs.squeakfoundation.org:/squeak' login
cvs -d ':pserver:anonymous at cvs.squeakfoundation.org:/squeak' -z3 co squeak