tiny VM

tarvydas tarvydas at allstream.net
Sat Aug 7 21:27:37 UTC 2004

I'm considering what to use for a small VM+GC on an embedded project (just VM,
GC, no graphics, no parser, no classes beyond what is minimally necessary to
run the vm).

1) Is it reasonable to think that Squeak (via Slang) could be stripped down to
the bare essentials and produce a "small" C file?

2) Any advice on where to look to start weeding stuff out?  I managed to get
as far as producing a C file using slang, but it wasn't yet obvious how I
would begin removing unnecessary classes.

Thanks
pt