Lessons learnt from been an integrator

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Aug 25 19:50:35 UTC 2004

Am 25.08.2004 um 20:43 schrieb Kamil Kukura:

> Marcus Denker wrote:
>
>> We should realy at one point decide about having one system, why
>> provide
>> MVC and Morphic? (yes, morphic is too slow... and too big, and
>> impossible
>> to understand). So... not that this helps in this discussion ;-)
>
> If is it yet possible to isolate morphic, it would be interesting to
> have "mvc-only" distribution. Apparently
> SystemDictionary>>discardMorphic doesn't work. I see now even pure MVC
> intermix with morphic somehow (in main menu the action "keep this menu
> up"). While usability of MVC environment is disputable it could form a
> basement for more standardized GUI with dialogs, forms, trees, tabular
> lists, icons, etc.

I didn't want to imply that I want MVC. Realy not. I havn't used MVC
for years. What I think is very important: If a replacement for some
part of a system
is developed, it's important to bring it so far to be good enough to
realy replace the old stuff. Having MVC makes lots of stuf overly
complex, e.g. supporting
both in all tools makes no sense.

But I guess much of that is personal taste. Some people can only work
with a clean desk (e.g. me) while others need to have a complete chaos
all around to be creative.

           Marcus