HTML documentation generator and cross reference

Aaron Gray angray at beeb.net
Sun Dec 5 08:09:47 UTC 2004

Yoshiki,

Thank you for your advice.

>  Again, just select any "word" in the code, and try (all) the menu
> items in the right-click context menu.  Especially, in 'more...' menu,
> 'browse it (b)' through 'method strings with it (E)' are the important
> ones.

I will no doubt follow your advice and have an explore of the menus, which I
should have done by now.
There is so much to learn about SmallTalk and Squeak and I am attacking it
from several directions at once at the moment until I settle down at get to
the stage to do some actual useful coding exercises.

>  Learn how to use inspectors, and send messages to the inspected
> object.

Right

>  If you learn about how to use Squeak's explorer, you can
> traverse the parse tree of method and check each node, etc.  This live
> experiment is the best way to "get the larger picture", I think.

Is that really necessary ? The parser is not really that interesting or
complex a problem domain. The System Compiler and VM are really the areas I
want to study. I am interested to looking at SmaCC at some point when I am
ready for it though.

>  Please spend a few hours, and I hope you see the point,

Okay will do.

Thank you,

Aaron