JIT?

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Dec 16 21:53:48 UTC 2004

I'm not an old and may be not representative member (I'm french you
know) but I think that:

	- this would be great to be able to buy a squeak distro with all the
packages...
	I discussed with kim and she said that squeakland people would love to
see that happening and that
	they would not have any problem if someone would make money selling
squeak distro since it would give 	a professional flavor to squeak.
(any taker? you could reuse what we did via esug cd and marcus dvd)

	- I always said to avi for example that I would love to be able to pay
him something like 100$ a year (this is not too 	much but if we are 50
this starts to count. Because of course I could help improve MC but may
be I'm not good
	enough or too busy creating the new generation of cool stuff and money
represents my agreement that something is 	valuable. So I would love to
be able to spend our money into the software that I use the most and
this way contribute 	to the wealth of the people that are helping my
life. Because if you receive money for something you will be inclined
	to make it better. and only people willing to pay can pay and other
just use it.

	- We have been discussing about creating a real structure to gather
money so that the web site looks
	more as a cool and professional one (and other stuff). Because certain
people (and even researchers) have problems
	when they said that they use Squeak (even us with all our cool
papers). So it occurred to us that
	if Squeak would have a 2005 looking website (like the one of mozilla
for example). Then suddenly
	without changing anything else we would be doing something much cooler
(programming in Squeak).
	This may be naive but I know some guys trying to work professionally
with Squeak that avoid to
	point their clients to  www.squeak.org because this could be a way to
lose them.

Stef