Reminder: Harvesting Party TODAY 16:00 GMT

Cees de Groot cg at tric.nl
Thu Feb 26 08:12:48 UTC 2004

ducasse  <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> said:
>Then you have understand that we all have a live outside squeak. So
>what?

Well, please read the central message of my posting:

>> Psychology 101: feedback needs to be simple and immediate.

That's all I'm arguing about (yes - I'm being argumentative, nothing
else - no attacks, no bitching, just well-meant discussion about how to
make things better).

It is the case that some of us, sadly, have lives outside of Squeak (our
esteemed friend Mr.Krampe reports every morning that he's firing up
Eclipse, for example). But that does *not* change the 'laws' of
psychology. This is a given, not a variable. Our procedures are the
variable, and all I'm arguing is that, because of whatever reasons, our
procedures do not enable us ('us' as 'we, the community') to give
volunteers the necessary quality of feedback, keep adjusting the
procedures until they do.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.tric.nl     <cg at tric.nl>
tric, the new way           helpdesk/ticketing software, VoIP/CTI,