[ENH][TEST] ClassBuilder format tests

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Jan 4 19:52:58 UTC 2004

On 4 janv. 04, at 20:43, Marcus Denker wrote:

> Am 04.01.2004 um 20:31 schrieb ducasse:
>
>> Hi andreas
>>
>> I was looking at your tests. I want them in the image :)
>
> Hmm.... I was thinking about test in the image Vs. package.
>
> What I like aboyut my package is that I can add to it without
> funneling all those changesets through the update process...
> that's much faster.

Yes but, I think that we can be more efficient with tests as
soon as they run green. there is not too much to review. this is not
like a fix or enh. Tests do not impact the system (most of them)

> Can't we put the testsuite in the image the way other bigger
> things (Celeste, SqueakMap and so on...) are handled?

What I see now is that tests are somewhere but never accessible.
I think that removing them is really easy to do, so I would prefer to
put them
in this way we will not have to deal with packages and dependencies for
them.
I would like to think about tests as always in sync documentation.

So I would really prefer to have them close to the code they cover.