[ENH][TEST] ClassBuilder format tests

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Wed Jan 7 05:37:22 UTC 2004

On Sunday, January 4, 2004, at 02:43 PM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> Am 04.01.2004 um 20:31 schrieb ducasse:
>
>> Hi andreas
>>
>> I was looking at your tests. I want them in the image :)
>
> Hmm.... I was thinking about test in the image Vs. package.
>
> What I like aboyut my package is that I can add to it without
> funneling all those changesets through the update process...
> that's much faster.
>
> Can't we put the testsuite in the image the way other bigger
> things (Celeste, SqueakMap and so on...) are handled?

Yeah, we could do this.  This could be an in-image Basic package like
SUnit & SqueakMap.

I think it should probably be part of Basic and the alpha update
stream, and not just one of the separated Full packages (like Celeste,
Balloon3D, VMMaker, etc.).  This is a bit of extra effort on my part to
update occasionally in the update stream, but I think a tests package
is important enough to warrant this.

- Doug