Squeak on Simpad... it works

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 7 00:00:36 UTC 2004

Torsten Sadowski <moehl at akaflieg.extern.tu-berlin.de> wrote:

> I tackled the keyboard and mouse modifiers. tinyBench gives me about
> 9.200.000 Bytecodes/s and 310.000 Sends/s.
That's not too bad; IIRC the simpad is a 200-ish MHZ SA1100 and thus
might be squeezed to another 10% or so. A trick that got a big boost on
the RISC OS SA110 machines was to use the globals-in-a-big-array plus
sticking the base address of said array in a global register. I have
_no_ idea if the relevant compiler for the simpad can handle that.

tim
Useful random insult:- An experiment in Artificial Stupidity.