[ANN] Keymapping -- manage your keyboard shortcuts

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Jan 11 16:15:41 UTC 2004

On 11 janv. 04, at 16:41, C. David Shaffer wrote:

> Stephane,
>
> My package is an enhancement of the one from Steven (I refered to it
> in my announcement by its SqueakMap package name: KeyMapper).  I would
> have listed it as an [ENH] but I'm not sure how interested Steven is
> in incorporating my work into his.  I have been in e-mail contact with
> him and when we both have time I hope to propose that we bring the two
> works together.
this is really cool because sometimes I'm sad to see everybody redoing
the same. Squeak map really improved a lot the sharing.

> I use his model which has a KeyMapper in each TextMorph.  Each one has
> it's own keymap so you can have per-instance keymaps.
Excellent!

> At the moment, all of the shortcut handling code is in TextMorph, not
> in ParagraphEditor.  My extension to his code allows you to specify
> actions which are invoked on the ParagraphEditor so you can invoke
> methods like browseIt: and save:.  Still, though, this is not a
> perfect situation and near the top of my to-do list is moving the key
> handling code into ParagraphEditor so that non-TextMorph users of
> ParagraphEditor can benifit from this package.  So, while I think my
> package brings some much needed enhancements to KeyMapper, we are
> certainly not done.  Some community feedback on this work will be
> helpful in guiding its future development.
Ok I will try to have a look.

Anyway this is cool and I would like to see the new version getting in
the image. I imagine that the emacs-binding package could be using this
code.

Stef