Let's finalize a plan on handling old bug/fix/etc. messages in BFAV2 (was Re: Clean up BFAV)

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Sun Jan 11 16:20:45 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 23:45, Doug Way wrote:
> Sounds good to me.

Great.

> Just to be clear, I assume you will be closing all of them at once,
> more or less... in other words, they're not being hand-reviewed one by
> one first.

Right, the hand-reviewing is exactly what we are trying to avoid.

> (I suppose if someone has a fix that's over a year old that they feel
> deserves attention, now is the time to add a comment to the
> submission...)

Yes, but again note that nothing is disappearing here.  At any time
anyone can open up BFAV2, go into preferences, enable showing closed
groups, search for themselves and find any thread to which they have
ever contributed.  All of the information (attachments, etc.) will still
be there.  And they can reply to it (however the subject needs to be
changed so it doesn't match the old thread) just as they would any other
thread.

Ken