Error during install of KomHttpServer 6.2 in Squeak3.7a-5657 image

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Jan 23 08:17:55 UTC 2004

"Peter William Lount" <peter at ActiveInfo.CA> wrote:
> > I get a pop up with "Error occured during install: =
> UndefinedObject>>versionString" when attempting to install KomHttpServer =
> 6.2 into a Squeak 3.7a-5657 image.
>
> Hi,
>
> The pop up obscures the ability to debug this. How can we access the =
> debugger for errors during installs? The pop up doesn't allow any access =
> to the problem... is there an option some where? How about a pop up with =
> an optional debugger access button?

As Ned pointed out you can easily just press alt-. to debug it. It is
kinda funny - earlier I did *not* trap errors like this during the
install and then people thought I shuld trap them because people got
scared by the normal notifier popping up.

Sigh. :)

Well, I can of course instead use a confirm: and then ask if the user
would like to debug it. Will do that.

The issue at hand is replied to in another posting,

regards, Göran