Squeakland web Plugin

Michael Rueger michael at squeakland.org
Thu Jan 29 23:10:20 UTC 2004

Noury Bouraqadi wrote:

> In this case what are limitations that e-toy programmers can encouter
> when building project using an older version of Squeak (3.5 or 3.6) ?
>
> Even with using a project made using Squeak 3.2, I can not view it
> inside a web page (using the <embed> tag).
> The project file is in the same directory as the html file...

There should be no limitations with the squeakland image as long as you
use etoys. There are actually a few things in the squeakland image that
have not been migrated back into the main stream release.

If you plan to build projects for the squeakland plugin please make sure
to use the squeakland version, not a vanilla 3.2 image. If you build
projects in newer Squeak versions they will most likely ot load into
squeakland.

There are two ways to load projects in a web page: either building a web
page with the proper embed or object tags (IE and netscape/mozilla wokr
differently, of course) or by linking through our project launcher.

I'm attaching a sample page, replace the contents of the "SRC" parameter
to point to your project.

The better way is to link through our project launcher, as it also
supplies extra information like the current update level.
So, assuming your project is at http://my.domain/myprojects/project.001.pr

then just link to your project using the following url:

http://www.squeakland.org/project.jsp?http://my.domain/myprojects/project.001.pr

Cheers

Michaek