Goods was Re: Magma....

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at cableone.net
Sun Jul 4 19:22:26 UTC 2004

Marco Paga wrote:
> Am Samstag, 3. Juli 2004 18:47 schrieb Jimmie Houchin:
>
>>[snip]
>>A question about GOODS.
>>I haven't explored yet, but, is there a GOODS server for OSX?
>
> As I can read on
> 	http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/unix/
> it is based on "rock solid" unix. So in fact you can download and compile the
> unix version.

Yes, true as Avi also replied. Thanks.

I have been a long time Mac user. I haven't used it in several years, so
this is my first foray into OSX. I keep forgetting I can use source and
build my on on the Mac now. :)

>>Would the data be cross-platform?
>
> I can't see what OS you're running. So But in fact there shouldn't be anything
> going wrong. (Fingers crossed)

True, I neglected to mention server OS.
I run Gentoo Linux for AMD64 on my server.

>>Can I just copy the data over to the server to deploy?
>
> Yes. You can copy the files and start the server. No problem.

Great!

Much thanks to you and Avi for your replies.

Jimmie Houchin