problems building debian packages

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Jul 6 18:00:09 UTC 2004

Jiann-Ming Su <js290 at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I think "libtool" needs to be added to the control file.

Great, will do.  It's very good of you to persevere through all of this
and find what went wrong!

> But, I still run into the 64-bit problem:
>
>   checking "size of time_t"... "bad"
>   configure: error: "one or more basic data types has an incompatible size: giving up"
>   make: *** [configure-stamp] Error 1

Yes, Squeak VM wants 32-bit int, int *, etc.  I bet gcc can be
configured on alpha to work in a 32-bit universe; does anyone know of
the proper flags to achieve this?

Once you figure it out the necessary flags, you can adjust hack the
"configure" in debian/rules call to be more like:

	CFLAGS=yourcompileflags LDFLAGS=yourlinkflags ./configure ...etc...

Please do share if you figure out what the right flags are....

-Lex