"Save Project on File" "almost hangs" Squeak?

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 11 15:22:05 UTC 2004

Ned,

<<snip>>

> I don't see anything abnormal there. You say that it hangs?

Yes, basically, if I do "Save Project On File" on one particular (simple)
project, the progress bar comes up and is "collecting resources". Max I let
it go was about 5 minutes a few times (Duron 700). The project has a
scripting area with one Morph, and 1 script, that's pretty much all.

When I created another project similar this one, it saved in about 5 seconds.
The project that has the problem has been through some changes but not that
many. I attached my image in a separate email to the list. As I said there,
please do not spend time with the problem unless you think it is valuable
enough to perhaps discover an underlying  Squeak bug or something. I want to
be able to save this project for future changes, but can easily start over at
this point and hopefully the new version with save ...

Thanks, Milan